Jokes: Computer Category
Pencil is masculine "le crayon". A student asked, "What gender is computer?
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups- male and female- and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for their recommendation.
The men's group decided that computer should definitely be the feminine gender (la computer) because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later review; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should definitely be masculine (le computer) because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won.
Have any good jokes, hoaxes or urban legends or jokes that you would like us to include here? Contact us!
Our other Jokes, Hoaxes and Urban Legends
send site comments to
Please see our notices about the content of this site and its usage.
(cc) 1998- Digibarn Computer Museum, some rights reserved under this Creative Commons license.